Auto Repair and Tire Service in Fargo, Bismarck, Watford City, Wahpeton, and Carrington, ND
OK Tire Stores are primarily a distributor of tires and tire related products and services, but they are also an ACDelco auto part distributor for our Bismarck, Minot, and Grand Forks locations. Tires featured include Multi-Mile and Sigma (private label brands), General, Michelin®, Sumitomo, Bridgestone, Firestone, and Kleber. OK Tire also manufactures Bandag retreads at its Fargo location. Fargo is also the location of the main distribution warehouse. Most stores provide auto and truck mechanical services and alignments.
The following are some significant dates in OK Tire history:
• January 1960: OK Tire Store Incorporated in Fargo
• May 1961: John and Rose Ohnstad acquire OK Tire Store
• June 1966: Jim Ohnstad begins his employment
• June 1979: OK Tire Store starts its first branch operation in Bismarck
• February 1983: Acquired our Carrington retail and commercial center
• May 1987: Acquired the Minot AC Delco parts store
• April 1995: Tire Store in Minot opens
• April 1997: Open commercial center at I-29 and 12th Ave N in Fargo
• January 2000: New Bandag shop on Fargo Main
• July 2000: Central Minnesota wholesale warehouse opens
• May 2002: Bismarck commercial center opens
• May 2003: Grand Forks AC Delco parts store opens
• July 2008: Minot Tire Store moves to new location
• April 2010: We celebrated our 50th anniversary
• August 2010: Bismarck AC Delco parts store opens
• January 2011: Moved Bismarck retail store
• September 2013: Watford City retail and commercial center opens
• December 2013: Bismarck distribution center opens
• January 2014: Became an ESOP
• December 2015: Warehouse at Fargo commercial center added
• May 2017: Wahpeton retail and commercial center opens
• January 2018: Opened our TIA certified tire technician training center
• September 2019: New Fargo Retail store.
• December 2019: 100% employee owned.
• June 2020: Elite Tire & Service added.